BREAKING NEWS: CHRIS CORNELL Passes Away Aged 52!
Posted on: June 02, 2017 @ 1:44 pm by Jö Schüftan
BREAKING NEWS: The Washington Post has reported that Christopher John Boyle (A.K.A. Chris Cornell) of SOUNDGARDEN and AUDIOSLAVE passed away yesterday night on Detroit, Michigan. The news has been confirmed by his representative who sent a statement to The Associated Press.
According to Bumbery Cornell's death was “sudden and unexpected” and said his wife and family were shocked by it. He is survived by his wife Vicky and his three young children. Our condolences go out to them.
According to concert goers, Cornell showed no signs of distress during last night's show at the Fox Theater in Detroit, which sadly was his very last time on stage.
Rock In Paradise, Chris! You left behind a MASSIVE musical legacy!
UPDATE - May 18, 2017 @ 3:00 PM ET:
Cornell's death at 52 has been ruled as a suicide by hanging according to a medical examiner in Michigan.
According to TMZ, Vicky tried reaching him in his hotel room early Thursday morning but he was not answering. She became concerned and asked someone to call hotel security. That's when Chris' body was discovered lifeless in the bathroom.
UPDATE - June 2, 2017 @ 4:00 PM ET:
The toxicology results are in and according to the medical examiner Cornell was loaded with Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and barbiturates, died after hanging himself with a workout band inside the bathroom.
Here is footage of his very last concert:
Here is one of his very last songs:
Photo: Andrew Lipovsky/NBC
- CRADLE OF FILTH Premiere Lyric Video for "You Will Know The Lion By His Claw" (CRADLE OF FILTH Estrena Video para "You Will Know The Lion By His Claw")
- GWAR Announce NEW Album (GWAR Anuncia un Disco NUEVO)
- GOJIRA Announce Epic Tour with TORCHE & CODE ORANGE!
- ENSLAVED: NEW Album Details Unleashed (Lanza Detalles Acerca de su Disco NUEVO)
- Up The Irons: IRON MAIDEN's Paul Bruce Dickinson Celebrates 59th Birthday!
- TRIVIUM & ARCH ENEMY Announce N. American Tour with WHILE SHE SLEEPS & FIT FOR AN AUTOPSY!